2013 MIAMI SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
|February 15, 2013 Early bird Deadline||
|April 15, 2013 Regular Deadline||
|May 15, 2013 Late Deadline||
|June 15, 2013 WAB Extended Deadline||
|July 15, 2013 Extended Deadline||
|August 15, 2013 Final Deadline||
* Films must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2011
All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
Previewing films must be submitted on DVD (Region 0 or 1). Or electronically true Withoutabox system.
* We will only consider works with a maximum running time of 20 minutes or less. There is no minimum running time.
* Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior to the Festival.
* Preview DVD should be labeled with the title, running-time and contact email and phone number.
* Please do NOT send stills or press kits. If your film is selected we will ask you to email us a still image.
* Exhibition Format will have to be uploaded on the MsFF server.
All in NTSC format version.
* You will be notified of acceptance by or before October 15, 2013
* We accept films shot on 35mm, 16mm, 8mm, HD or Video.
* All films selected for the Festival grant MsFF the rights to use DVD and press materials from the film for promotional purposes.
* MsFF is permitted to retain DVD copies of each film selected as part of our festival library and for media educational use.
* All films selected for the Festival grant MsFF the rights to upload a clip/trailer online for promotional purposes.
* Though not a requirement, we prefer that films NOT have previously screened in a public theatrical setting in Dade or Broward County FL prior to their screening at MsFF.
* Our selection committee will factor in previous screenings in the Dade or Broward area when determining a film’s potential invitation.
* Films must not be in current distribution through public media of any sort, including broadcast television, internet streaming, at the time of the Festival exhibition dates (November 2013).
* You may submit more than one film, but each one must be on a separate DVD and must be accompanied by its own completed submission form and entry fee.
* If you would like to make sure that we received your submission, please enclose a self-address, stamped postcard which we will send back to you as your confirmation.
* The Festival will not confirm receipt of film by telephone.
NO Personal or Company Checks will be accepted
* Foreign entries paying with international money orders should be drawn in U.S. dollars. Only through a U.S. affiliated bank.
* Write title of film on money order
* You have the option of paying with credit card online after you fill out and submit entry form.
* All fees are non-refundable
* Entries will not be viewed without entry fee payment
Money orders made to: Miami short Film Festival Inc.
* Film selection for the Festival will be made by the Festival Committee.
* The entrant will be responsible for ALL SHIPPING FEES.
* All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
* The MsFF cannot be held liable for print/tapes which may be lost or damaged.
* Winners considered for Award nominations the following awards will be presented:
o Best of Fest
o Best Foreign Film
o Best Animation
o Best Experimental
o Best Documentary
o Best Narrative
o Best Environmental
o Best Local
o Best Music Video
o Best Cell or Mobile short
o Best Extreme Sport Video
|Option 1. Using WAB|
|Miami Short Film Festival prefers online entries submitted via Withoutabox.com,which provides cost-saving, paperless submission to film festivals around the world. Withoutabox’s internet-only submission platform features online applications via one master entry form, online fee payments, press kits, and the option to use Secure Online Screeners, an economical, eco-friendly, and secure alternative to traditional hard-copy DVD submissions. Fill out one master entry form and take advantage of quick entry, extended deadlines, and powerful submission management tools. There’s no extra cost to you, and by submitting, you’ll join Withoutabox’s global filmmaker community and stay in the loop about international exhibition opportunities. Click to submit your film today!|