2014 MIAMI SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
|EARLY BIRD DEADLINE||MsFF||WAB|
* Films must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2012
All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
Previewing films must be submitted on DVD (Region 0 or 1). Or electronically true Withoutabox system.
* We will only consider works with a maximum running time of 20 minutes or less. There is no minimum running time.
* Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior to the Festival.
* Preview DVD should be labeled with the title, running-time and contact email and phone number.
* Please do NOT send stills or press kits. If your film is selected we will ask you to email us a still image.
* Exhibition Format will have to be uploaded on the MsFF server.
All in NTSC format version.
* You will be notified of acceptance by or before October 30, 2014
* We accept films shot on 35mm, 16mm, 8mm, HD or Video.
* All films selected for the Festival grant MsFF the rights to use DVD and press materials from the film for promotional purposes.
* MsFF is permitted to retain DVD copies of each film selected as part of our festival library and for media educational use.
* All films selected for the Festival grant MsFF the rights to upload a clip/trailer online for promotional purposes.
* Though not a requirement, we prefer that films NOT have previously screened in a public theatrical setting in Dade or Broward County FL prior to their screening at MsFF.
* Our selection committee will factor in previous screenings in the Dade or Broward area when determining a film’s potential invitation.
* Films must not be in current distribution through public media of any sort, including broadcast television, internet streaming, at the time of the Festival exhibition dates (November 2014).
* You may submit more than one film, but each one must be on a separate DVD and must be accompanied by its own completed submission form and entry fee.
* If you would like to make sure that we received your submission, please enclose a self-address, stamped postcard which we will send back to you as your confirmation.
* The Festival will not confirm receipt of film by telephone.
NO Personal or Company Checks will be accepted
* Foreign entries paying with international money orders should be drawn in U.S. dollars. Only through a U.S. affiliated bank.
* Write title of film on money order
* You have the option of paying with credit card online after you fill out and submit entry form.
* All fees are non-refundable
* Entries will not be viewed without entry fee payment
Money orders made to: Miami short Film Festival Inc.
* Film selection for the Festival will be made by the Festival Committee.
* The entrant will be responsible for ALL SHIPPING FEES.
* All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
* The MsFF cannot be held liable for print/tapes which may be lost or damaged.
* Winners considered for Award nominations the following awards will be presented:
o Best of Fest
o Best Foreign Film
o Best Animation
o Best Experimental
o Best Documentary
o Best Narrative
o Best Environmental
o Best Local
o Best Music Video
o Best Cell or Mobile short
o Best Extreme Sport Video
|Short Films||Music Videos and Cell Videos
|Using MsFF direct submission|